Buyer (Reporting to Procurement Director)
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||North London, UKEast London, UK|
|Job Ref||Buyer (Reporting to Procurement|
- My client a leading flooring contractor based in Essex, they are looking ongoing for individuals that are able to bring their flooring experience to fit in with their market leading service.
They have worked on the largest and most prestigious flooring contracts and will advise of anything from budgets and product options to BREEAM rating and end of life planning.
Working to ISO9001 and ISO14001 mangement standards they ensure deadlines are never missed .
They are currently looking for a buyer to join their team The Buyer will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives. The buyer will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes. The role is key to leading the Company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and components covering price delivery and quality targets.
- Processing of orders that are placed by the project managers
- Ensure materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time
- Ensure materials are bought below budget wherever possible.
- Ensure materials purchased above budget are recovered against the purchase of other materials purchased wherever possible
- Establish relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company's needs.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments eg. Sales, Estimating, Pre-Construction, Commercial and Finance.
- Be involved very closely with pre-construction to ensure what material is required and attempt to "Better Buy" where possible.
- Losses to be identified early so "better deals" can be made with suppliers (re-negotiation or potential for further orders
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
- Supplier visits in the UK.
- Any improvements / losses to be reported in a timely manner (say monthly) to the Procurement Director
- Constantly analyse costs purchased against budget.
- Be involved in the monthly cost reporting cycle with the Procurement Director Work alongside the Warehouse Department ensuring stock control is maintained.
- Authorise supplier invoices ensuring accuracy of price, quantity and discounts are accurately reflected Internal Mobile phone support
- Constantly review and maintain relationships with existing suppliers introducing new ones whenever possible.