Really lovely opportunity for an IT Assistant who wants ‘more’ than just answering calls and dealing with problems.
This small, but very well established business is run by a a super guy in his 50’s who has a wealth of experience and some interesting clients. He’s got too much business to handle and so he’s looking for someone to help him. He’s a great mentor and the training and professional development will really help your career.
You’ll deal with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line calls and carry out client visits.
Trouble shooting is really important of course; so you need to be super methodical
You need to be good under pressure – As you’ll have clients looking over your shoulder saying “is it fixed yet? Do you know how much money I am losing”. Hopefully not often!
You must be technically competent, but not necessarily qualified. We are not hung up on degrees etc BUT what you can actually do.
Remember, this is a small business. No HR department, no purchasing department. Very different to even a medium sieed business. You’ll end up doing a lot of things and you’ll need to be able to manage own time schedule & book your own appointments with clients.
Based West London but with clients across Greater London; car user vital BUT will also use tubes etc
The more they can do on the list, the higher the starting salary:
1) Front line desktop support for PC – Windows 7, 8, 10 & MS Office
2) Remote support / telephone support for PC
3) Support for mobile devices (iPhone, Android)
4) Desktop support for MAC (OSX)
5) Specialist application knowledge, eg Adobe Creative Cloud, SAGE Accounts, Autocad / Solid Works / VectorWorks.
6) Management of Active Directory sites
7) Management of MS server applications, eg MS Exchange / MS-SQL server / Terminal Server
8) Management of Linux servers (Ubuntu) & main applications (eg Samba / Postfix / Cyrus)
9) Experience of installing and rolling out MS Servers
10) Experience of installing and rolling out Linux servers.
11) Experience of troubleshooting MS Servers
12) Experience of troubleshooting Linux Servers
So, you can see, this is a really meaty role. If this suits you please get in touch. I’m Graham at Orchard Recruitment in Enfield, EN2.
020 8366 9014