As Architectural Assistant/Technician you will be supporting projects through design and construction.
Due to expansion a position has developed for an Architectural Assistant/Technician position. The successful candidate will be multi-skilled and personable as well as technically skilled and able to work under pressure in a busy environment.
You will be required to visit clients properties once we have secured the project to survey the property and prepare subsequent drawings as instructed by the creative director.
Other duties will include submission of planning applications and building control applications, liaising with planning departments and building control surveyors in relation to the projects. Preparation of contract documents relating to the projects.
• Site visits/measures
• Preparing preliminary designs
• Advising clients
• Dealing with consultants
• Preparing planning applications
• Writing Planning and Design and Access Statements
• Preparing building regulation packages
Qualities and skills required
• Must be highly proficient with AutoCAD
• A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience working as an Assistant/Technician or Technologist
• The ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and construction detailing
• A solid knowledge of UK building regulations and procurement methods
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. These are essential for working with internal teams, external clients and consultants
• The ability to carefully analyse problems in order to generate appropriate solutions
• Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities or more
• In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD
• Excellent organisation skills